Malta 1940-42 : A Check Your 6! Campaign
The aim of the campaign is for players to recreate the battles in the skies above Malta between the RAF, Regia Aeronautica and Luftwaffe during the height of the “Siege of Malta“. All players will take the role of RAF pilots. Games will be played using 1/300th scale aircraft and Check Your 6! Rules with appropriate house rules where necessary.
At the beginning of the campaign, and at any time a player requires a replacement pilot, a roll will be made as follows. 1xD10, 1xD8 & 1xD6. The scores of these three dice will be added together to determine the starting experience of the pilot.
CY6! Requires each pilot to be graded from Green-Ace. Player pilots will each have an experience rating which will change from mission to mission.
- 0-15 Green
- 16-60 Skilled
- 61-120 Veteran
- 121+ Ace
Pilots will have the potential to gain and lose experience throughout the campaign. Successful completion of missions, as well as air combat victories will add experience, while poor performance or getting shot down will lose experience for the pilot.
- Surviving the mission (Green 4xp, Skilled 3xp, Veteran 2xp, Ace 1xp)
- Mission Success 3xp
- Claiming a damaged Enemy A/C 2xp
- Claiming a destroyed Enemy A/C 5xp
- Being Damaged -2xp
- Being Shot Down -4xp
- Friendly Fire Incident -10xp
Surviving the Mission.
Pilots shot down during a mission are not automatically killed, regardless of the situation described by the rules. Pilots will need to score over 7 successfully using the following dice combinations and modifiers:
- Green Pilot 2D6
- Skilled Pilot 1D4 & 2D6
- Veteran & Ace Pilots 3D6
- Pilot Killed Result on Special Damage Chart -3
- Aircraft at height 1 (Surface missions only) -2
- Aircraft exploded result on Special Damage Chart -2
- Aircraft was already damaged from previous turn -1
- Pilot voluntarily bailed out +2
- Pilot “in the drink“ -1
- Aircraft exited unfriendly table edge -1
Failing the roll by 1 or 2 means your pilot is wounded and must sit out the next sortie. Failing by 3 or more means your pilot is either dead or so seriously wounded as to remove him from the campaign. You may roll for a replacement if you want to continue.